Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Prodigal Son by Alison Palmer.....One of the BEST books I've read.

The Prodigal Son


There is so much to say about this book and I'm going to try to do it without giving away too much. I can honestly say that this is one of the best books I have read in a very long time. I thought "In Leah's Wake" was good.....this one was outstanding!!! I do believe it is one of those rare books that I could probably read AGAIN (b/c I don't read books twice) and still "get something" from it.

The parents faith was unbelievable. The patience and wisdom that they showed was over the top. I kept thinking through the whole book....."how is she biting her tounge???" By reading this book I re-examined my approach to my own rebellious child. When your child rejects you it is the ultimate pain and there is no way to describe that devastation. After reading this story I felt a little more empowered because I saw, through a story, how another Mother dealt with it. For me that was comforting and in some ways it gave me the stregnth that I didn't have last night to face this morning.

I can not praise this book enough!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for you kind review! I'm glad you found it helpful and hope you can find peace and hope in your own situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, what an honor for you to stop by!! I am telling everyone about your book. I just can not praise it enough. I can't wait to read more of your work!!

    ReplyDelete