Thursday, July 14, 2011

Solstice by Lily Evans....a review

.99 on B&N
Free on Smashwords until July 31 with code SSWSF

On the eve of the summer solstice, Emma swaps one blind date for another. It's going to be a sunrise like no other...

What would you do if your blind date didn't show up? Would you go home, throw a microwave meal in the oven and spend the rest of the evening watching television and cursing your luck?

Or would you accept an dinner invitation from a handsome stranger?

All you'd be doing is swapping one blind date for another, right? That's what Emma decides. And so she finds herself dining in a Michelin-starred restaurant with a man who swears you can tell what people do for a living simply by looking at their hands.

But when Adam suggests an after supper walk up a moon-flooded hillside, Emma discovers the true magic of the summer solstice...


I grabbed this freebie the other day and I have to say I was not disappointed. It's only 59 pages but it's a good solid read. I think everyone at some point in their lives have been set up on a date of some sort, so it's very easy to get lost in the story as Emma is left sitting at the table waiting on this blind date to arrive. I couldn't help but question her choices as I was reading.....I mean no one lives in Mayberry anymore. (If you do give me the address so I can move there)

I will say as the story progressed it got rather....uhmm....HOT.....pretty detailed....I was like HELLO!! But I have to say I was not offended, and it actually was needed for the story to be as solid as it was. (My opinion)

Yes...there were a few typo type errors, but the characters were very defined and the author completely drew me in. I'd definitely give this one a 5 star rating for a short story.

No comments:

Post a Comment