Monday, August 8, 2011

Jakarta Pandemic....FABULOUS BOOK!!





I'm a sucker for some good "Survival" Fiction. I'm not talking about the stuff that is filled with Sci Fi....I'm talking real scenarios like Economic Collapse, WWIII, Civil Unrest and Pandemic. This was the first book that I have read about a Pandemic and I was NOT disappointed. The plot was easily believable and it really made me think about possible future scenarios.

 Alex Fletcher was a Iraqi veteran working as a Pharmaceutical Rep. Because of his position they had been taught about possible Pandemic outbreaks and it scared him enough to start prepping just in case. Fletcher's worst nightmare comes true, and he is faced with protecting his family during this disastrous time. Not only did they have to worry about the pandemic, but also about the economy tanking, loss of jobs and neighbors who wanted to share everyone's prudence and forethought.

I have found that many pieces of "survival" fiction start to sound the same, but this one is different. It kept me on the edge of my seat wanting more!

Note: There is a 3 book series that is based on and follows this book called The Perseid Collapse Series. I CANT WAIT to start it.


No comments:

Post a Comment