Monday, January 16, 2012

On the edge thriller....Sick by Brett Battles



http://www.amazon.com/Sick-Project-Eden-Thriller-ebook/dp/B004XECH0U/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1326754407&sr=1-1

Nook Link
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/sick-brett-battles/1100736224?ean=2940012510068&itm=1&usri=sick

Smashwords Link
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/54826


The best advice that I can give you before sitting down with this book is:
1) Grab your snacks before hand
2) Make sure to take a potty break b/c you won't want to put this down in order to go

This book grabbed me from the very first sentence. Who has not had one of those moments in the middle of the night when your child cries out for you? You drag out of bed and ramble to their room, and in OUR perfect world, we pat them on the back or give them a sip of water and they go back to sleep. If the Ash's thought they lived in a perfect world, that idea was quickly shattered with that whimper from their oldest daughter down the hall. If there was any doubt that "they weren't in Kansas anymore" the point was quickly driven home when men dressed in bio-hazard suits busted through the doors instead of EMT's dispatched from 911!!

By the time I got to Chapter 2 my breathing became rapid and I could not tap my Nook quick enough to turn the page. There was not a spot in the book where things slowed down or tensions calmed. I can honestly say this book wore me out. As the story came to an end I was so excited to find that this book was only the beginning....."Exit 9" is the next story in this nail-biting saga. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment