Thursday, July 12, 2012

Meal plan for July 2012

This is my first attempt at a meal plan. I originally set out to make out a plan for two weeks, but I ended up having enough meals to cover a month. I started off by making a list of meals that I know my family likes, plus a few recipes I wanted to try that I found from pinterest.

This is what I came up with:

July 4th - Hamburger Helper Enchilada Flavor.....we won't do this one again
July 5th - Fried Cube Steak, homemade mashed potatoes and green beans
July 6th - Chicken Alfredo
July 7th - Nachos
July 8th - Fried Chicken, mac n cheese, and Baked beans
July 9th - Baked Potatos
July 10th - Chicken Spaghetti
July 11th - Tamale Casserole
July 12th - Egg, bacon and grits

PAYDAY
July 13th - Pizza cups
July 14th - Cheesy Beef Sandwiches
July 15th - Pork Roast and Potatoes
July 16th - Hamburger Steak, rice and gravy and butterbeans
July 17th - Tatertot Casserole
July 18th - Teriyaki Chicken, rice a roni and corn
July 19th - Pancakes
July 20th - Burritoes with Mexican Rice
July 21st - Hamburgers and Fries
July 22nd - Crockpot Roast
July 23rd - spaghetti
July 24th - Dried Beef Chicken casserole
July 25th - Chili Cheese Fries
July 26th - Taco Rice Casserole

PAYDAY
July 27th - Crockpot Cube Steak with rice
July 28th - Chicken Enchiladas


Now these are just meals for supper. I also planned for lunches by getting things like sandwich meat, chicken patties, chicken nuggets, rameen etc. I still have to work on lunches because my kids are not big sandwich eaters.

Breakfast consisted of egg muffins, cereal and poptarts. The egg muffins were a HUGE HIT....they are great for grab and go and I plan to make many, many more and freeze.

Once I made my list of meals I printed off a "weekly menu plan" that I added to my binder. I started putting the meals on the planning calendar. Now of course, I don't follow this plan to a T.....we may be in the mood for breakfast for supper one night instead of roast. The main idea is that I have planned the meals and each paycheck I can purchase what I KNOW I need for the meals until next payday. I can also allow myself to pick up a little extra here and there or buy ahead for the next two weeks if there is a sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment