Saturday, July 14, 2012

Meat for 19 meals for less than $60!!!

So I think I have mentioned that I've been in sticker shock over groceries down here...especially meat. I was honestly a bit discouraged over no double-coupons until I scored this tenderloin!! This thing was a monster and I only paid $15.29



Today I pulled this thing out of the refrigerator trying to decide exactly what I would do with it, and I am pleased to show you this:


I was able to pull a two roast: one I bagged and marinated with Italian Dressing and threw in onions, and the other I marinated with Mesquite Marinade and threw in onions. I then cut 3 meals worth of pork chops and bagged one with Lemon and Herb Marinade, one with Mesquite Marinade, and one just plain. (5 meals - $15.29)

I also did great with Hamburger meat. The one pound rolls at Rouse's was $3.49. I ran over to Save A Lot and they had two pound rolls for $5.49. I grabbed four rolls and divided them in half....bagged them up and threw them in the freezer. (8 meals - $21.96)

Save a Lot also had their pre-made hamburgers (8ct) bags for $3.99....grabbed two (2 meals - $7.98)

Chicken wasn't on sale but I needed so I grabbed two bags and I had one in the freezer. Each bag has eight pieces of boneless skinless breast and I cook six pieces. Three bags gives me four chicken meals. Each bag $5.99...(4 meals - $11.98)

So for a total of $57.21 I got meat to prepare 19 meals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment